[R-sig-Geo] Error with SpatialPoints to PPP conversion

Andrew Niccolai andrew.niccolai at yale.edu
Thu Aug 9 20:03:41 CEST 2007

Greetings all,

I recently upgraded from R-2.4.1 to R-2.5.1 on Windows XP OS.  Now when I
run my application (literally thousands of lines of code), I crash whenever
I had code using the names() function.  The error message is the following:

Error in names(argue) : no applicable method for "names"

I have been slowly rewriting my code to change names() lines to
namesfix <- attr(df.in.question,"names").

This seems to work OK, but I just ran into this issue on a bit of code that
worked perfectly in R-2.4.1, which converted a SpatialPoints class to a PPP
class:

centroid.ppp <- as.ppp(centroid.pt)
Error in names(argue) : no applicable method for "names"

This I can't easily fix.  Is this universal or did I screw something up in
the R-2.5.1 install?

Thanks,
Andrew