[R-sig-Geo] Good projection for N/S America?

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:56:09 CEST 2007

Thanks. My application is not that demanding. Really, I just want it
to look reasonable. My plan is to lay out the postings in the
projected coordinates and then back transform into geographic
coordinates for analysis. I tried lots of projections and found
Lamberts Azimuthal Equal Area to be quite good. I like the look of the
Azimuthal Equidistant better, but figured equal area was a good
choice.

THK