[R-sig-Geo] 'sp' for 3.2.1

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 30 11:59:59 CET 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Phil J King wrote:

> Good Day,
> I have just loaded R base and an assistant program, "RKWard", onto my
> computer only to find that my version is two weeks too old to load the
> 'sp' file from 'CRAN'. The 'R' version is 2.3.1 and I am wondering where
> I might get an older version of 'sp' to run with it. Are there other
> repositories other than CRAN that supply for older versions of 'R'?

For which OS/platform? All source packages are archived on CRAN:

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive

and binary packages from CRAN (Windows, various Mac OSX) are in versioned
directory trees, so R 2.3.1 will choose the 2.3 directory for the latest
version of the package compatible with it.

If a source package, download sp < 0.9 manually from the Archive, and
install manually (R CMD INSTALL sp*.tar.gz).

Roger