[R-sig-Geo] adehabitat

Duncan Golicher dgoliche at sclc.ecosur.mx
Tue Oct 24 21:30:06 CEST 2006

>Milton Cezar Ribeiro wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>> I have a binary image and I need to identify each clump of non-zero values and attrib a diferent "patch" id-number.
>> Is there a R package that do that?
>> By the way, what are the R packages for image manipulation?
>>

>Have a look to adehabitat and the function labcon.

This was a useful comment as I was doing something similar at the same
time as Milton. I thought it worth mentioning that I found that when
using sp0.9-2 I needed to fix the function spixdf2kasc in order to get
sp data into the adehabitat kasc format.

The line that reads  ka <- as.data.frame(attr(sg at data, "att"))

should be changed to

ka <- sg at data

>For image manipulation rimage may be useful.
>
>Laurent

Dr Duncan Golicher
Ecologia y Sistematica Terrestre
Conservación de la Biodiversidad