[R-sig-Geo] [R] Map archives

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 21 23:35:56 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:58:19PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:41:51AM +0100, Roger Bivand wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Alexander Nervedi wrote:
> > It would be really nice if there was a repository of these kinds of data,
> > especially if they were not limited in use, but there is a long way to go
> > before everywhere else catches up with the US.
>
> The OSGeo Foundation will try to work on this:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project
>
> We are currently forming this project into a committee
> of the foundation. Feel free to join us, and/or contribute
> your suggestions.

Meanwhile the Foundation committee on Public Geospatial Data
is established:

 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Committee

There is also a dedicated mailing list and an IRC meeting
in #osgeo on freenode tomorrow (see there for details).

You are welcome to join,

 Markus
--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it