[R-sig-Geo] whatis wrong with my testing for CSR using F/G function?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 10:16:47 CEST 2006

Barry Rowlingson wrote:

>   polymap(bbox(pts))
>   pointmap(grid.pts,add=T)

  Okay, there's another reason this doesn't work: splancs now requires
the 'sp' package which defines a 'bbox' function that doesn't do the
same thing as the one in splancs. I dimly recall Roger noting this
sometime ago!

  There's now a 'bboxx' function (two 'x's at the end) in splancs that
does what the old splancs 'bbox' function did.

  So if you do:

   grid.pts<-gridpts(bboxx(pts),10*np)
   pointmap(grid.pts,add=T)

it should work. I did test my earlier solution, just not with a current
version of splancs.

Barry