[R-sig-Geo] whatis wrong with my testing for CSR using F/G function?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 09:05:02 CEST 2006

zhijie zhang wrote:

> grid.pts<-gridpts(polymap(bbox(pts)),10*np)   *#error in bbox(poly) : object
> not a >= 2-column array*
>  I don't know why it is wrong.

  I explained this to you yesterday, but your email address was
different. So far I've seen you use three different email addresses! If
you keep to one email then life will be much simpler!

  The polymap() function call here is wrong - it is used to draw a
polygon. Just remove it and do:

  grid.pts <- gridpts(bbox(pts),10*np)

  this produces a grid of 10*np points in the bounding box of the points
in pts. You can then use polymap() to see them:

  polymap(bbox(pts))
  pointmap(grid.pts,add=T)

Barry