[R-sig-Geo] Polar mapping

Anne Hertel ahertel at atmos.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 22 18:21:34 CET 2006

Hi,

I have some geographical data for the Northern Hemisphere. It is a rectangular matrix with longitudes and latitudes. I would like to plot that so the resulting plot is a circle centered on the North Pole with contours, so you only see the Northern Hemisphere. Also I would like to overlay that with a map of the Northern Hemisphere continents.
Does anybody know if it is possible to create plots like that in R?

Thanks Anne Hertel

Anne M. K. Hertel
Grad. Student & Research Assistant
Department of Atmospheric Sciences