[R-sig-Geo] Newbie Questions

Scionforbai scionforbai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:50:41 CET 2006

Hallo,
just a couple hints:

> In other words, I would like to know if there is a relationship between yield and phosphorus, taking into account the spatial dependence. But how can I test this?

I think you should look at the cross-variograms. Or did you already
reject this option?

 > Another thing I would like to be able to do is, for each variable,
interpolate between measurements to create 2D maps of the response
surface.

Kriging (or co-kriging) seems to be what you need ... but there are
also other possibilities, like polynomial or spline interpolation.

Sorry if you already know this: a lot of resources are available from
http://sal.uiuc.edu/csiss/Rgeo/

Bye!