[R-sig-Geo] Newbie Questions

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Dec 20 20:56:13 CET 2006

Greta:

Not entirely sure whether this would help. But if you want to find out whether or not there is a relationship between the soil variable(s) and the yield, won't a spatial regression be doing the job? For SPDEP, the errorsarlm() and lagsarlm() functions shall do the job quite nicely, and in GeoDa, you can do the same with few clicks.

The manuals for both packages contain nice examples and easy to follow.

Hope this help a bit.

Best,
Danlin Yu

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072