[R-sig-Geo] rGeo vs. gstat

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Mon Oct 17 23:42:45 CEST 2005

Schlatter Christian wrote:

>Dear list members
>

>I'm very new to R but a little informed about geostatistics.
>
>As I was looking for possibilities of geostatistical analysis in R I encountered at least two very interesting packages:
>

>Rgeo and gstat
>

>And of course I'm wondering now about the one which fits better my needs which are the comparison of spatial data (insect parasitism rates) for different fields in which we collected data.

Christian, I too find these two packages very interesting. Another
package that you might
find interesting besides geoR is geoRglm. However, you've told us too
little about what
your problem is to give you advise about which methods to use, and where
to find them.

You will find even more packages for geostatistical analysis on the
spatial task view:
R home page -> CRAN -> CRAN mirror -> Task Views -> Spatial.

Best regards,
--
Edzer