[R-sig-Geo] Srings

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Mon Oct 17 19:47:14 CEST 2005

Hi Roger,

I don't know what is happening, maybe a mismatch of some packages
from my R2.1 (old) install and my new R2.2 install, but I'm having
problems with function

asSpatialRingsShapes

that was used in the method you developed to import shapefiles into
files that are compatible with PBSmapping. The problem is not with
the functions you wrote for me, actually, but with a function that is
part of maptools. This is actually part of the example given in the
help file for asSpatialRingsShapes. R chokes on Sring:

 > library(maptools)
 > nc.shp <- read.shape(system.file("shapes/sids.shp",
package="maptools")[1])
Shapefile type: Polygon, (5), # of Shapes: 100
 > nc1 <- asSpatialRingsShapes(nc.shp$Shapes, as.character(nc.shp
$att.data$FIPS))
Erreur : impossible de trouver la fonction "Sring"

Do others have problems with this function?

Sincerely,

Denis