[R-sig-Geo] Small Area Estimation with R

"Gómez Rubio, Virgilio" v.gomezrubio at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 13:24:51 CET 2005

Dear Susumu,

> Although I know neither GREG nor BLUP, I guess calibrate() in survey
> and ranef() in nlme may rouse your interest.

Thank you very much for yuor comments. The functions that you suggest
are really a good starting point. In addition, Roger Bivand also has
pointed out
some interesting links:

http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/events/documents/ComputerWorkshoponUsingMultilevelModelsforSmallAreaEstimation-RayChambersandNikosTzavidis.pdf

and especially:

http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/ss/Workshop%20for%20Summer%20School%201.txt

and other things on http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/ss/

http://www.stat.jyu.fi/sae2005/course.htm (here there are some SAS macros)

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/methods_quality/eurarea/ (this includes an
extensive review of SAE methods and detailed description of the algorithms)

Although it is not strictly related to R, I think it contains valuable
information that may be of help to other people interested in
Small Area Estimation.

Best regards,

Virgilio