[R-sig-Geo] image in a projected map

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geog.uu.nl
Mon Nov 7 18:03:22 CET 2005

Agustin,

If your data are in a format provided by the sp package,
you could try several routes:
1. convert your grid (points) to points, project the points,
and contour there
2. calculate contours in lat/long (but which package can
do this well, esp. around the poles?), project the
contour lines and plot them
3. transform the grid to (many square) polygons, project
these and plot them, as shown in
http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/xtra/xtra.RHnw.html#spproj

Hope this helps,
--