[R-sig-Geo] Size limit for krige.conv

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 10 08:54:38 CEST 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 Alexander.Herr at csiro.au wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I get "Error: cannot allocate vector of size 390585 Kb". The file has
> 10000 locations. Is there a size limit to krige.conv?

krige.conv() in the geoR package has size constraints - I believe that the
full interpoint matrix is needed, and its strengths are in handling
smaller but challenging data sets. Unless you have to use this function,
paerhaps you could consider alternatives in the gstat or fields packages,
which can be given arguments which will let you use large data sets.