[R-sig-Geo] Moving-window sum in a matrix

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geo.uu.nl
Tue Dec 20 22:05:17 CET 2005

Hisaji ONO wrote:

>Hello.
>
> Sp package has grid & grid topology classes.
>
> It seems to use them to be able to implement famous map
>algebra(or cartographic modelling).
>
> Any plan to implement this analysis method to sp package?

Yes, but not in sp.

We're even a bit further than plans, but
not exactly that much. I just read that in
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2004-December/000285.html
I wrote 12 months ago about these plans.  Indeed, we now
have sp on the rails, and should move on. Thanks for
reminding me.

Many of the point, global and areal operations can be
done using standard R syntax; it is however the true spatial
functions like spreads and the window functions that would
be nice to  have.
--
Edzer