[R-sig-Geo] Voronoi polygons: New question: Spatial Registration of spatial data layers?

Rick Reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 28 02:58:38 CEST 2005

Thanks for everyone's advice and suggestions on this topic;
Looks like the cells() method of tripack provides me with
the information I need to solve my problem.

Now, if you don't mind, another question. Is it possible to
spatially register multiple data layers (in the classic GIS
fashion) so as to identify multiple attributes from all the
layers for the same geographic coordinate? The 'point in
polygon' problem, with multiple map layers.

No doubt I could (and would) solve this using GRASS and the
R interface, but several ecologists here at the Center
would like to have an 'R only' solution.

Thanks for any information, links, .pdfs, etc..

Rick Reeves

Scientific Programmer / Quantitative Analyst
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California, Santa Barbara
805 892 2534
reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu