[R-sig-Geo] Geos library

Timothy H. Keitt tkeitt at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:18:13 CEST 2004

Its a good thought. Not sure the best way to proceed. The OGR part of
GDAL now uses GEOS for spatial predicates, so wrapping OGR (which I
think is done?) would indirectly give you GEOS functions. The other
route is to give entry points to the geotools java libs. There seems to
be a lot of momentum behind geotools (used in JUMP and uDIG clients). Or
as you say, one could use R storage and wrap GEOS algorithms to work
directly on R data.

Tim