[R-sig-Geo] Geos library

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 17:33:38 CEST 2004

Has anyone considered an R interface to the geos library:

http://geos.refractions.net/

GEOS (Geometry Engine - Open Source) is a C++ port of the Java Topology
Suite (JTS). As such, it aims to contain the complete functionality of
JTS in C++. This includes all the OpenGIS "Simple Features for SQL"
spatial predicate functions and spatial operators, as well as specific
JTS topology functions such as IsValid().

  - now if we can link R spatial classes to this, we can build a
complete set of spatial predicate functions and spatial operators in R....

Barry