[R-sig-Geo] Weights based on a function and 'listw' object

Virgilio Gómez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uv.es
Thu Feb 12 10:04:57 CET 2004

Hi,

I am using a 'listw' object (see package spdep) to store weights to
compute differentbstatistics, and I wonder whether it is possible to
define weights as, say, the inverse of the distance (or any other
function based on the centroids, for example).

Futhermore, is it efficient to use one of these objects when
all the areas are linked one another? Is it better to use a square nxn
matrix in this case?

Thank you for your help.

--
             Virgilio Gómez Rubio

Grup d'Estadística espacial i temporal
en Epidemiologia i medi ambient

Dpto. Estadística e I. O. - Facultat de Matemàtiques
Avda. Vicent A. Estellés, 1 - 46100 Burjassot
Valencia - SPAIN

http://matheron.uv.es/~virgil

TLF: 00 34 96 354 43 62 - FAX: 00 34 96 354 47 35