[R-sig-Geo] RE: Using SJava?

Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us Benjamin.STABLER at odot.state.or.us
Mon Apr 5 19:42:04 CEST 2004

Hopefully, I'm not too late on this one....when you initialize the JVM you
need to set the class path as follows:

.JavaInit(config=javaConfig(classPath="StringDirectoryPathReference"))

or

.JavaInit(config=javaConfig(classPath=c("String1", "String2")))

for example:

.JavaInit(config=javaConfig(classPath="C:\javastuff"))

where javastuff contains my class files.  You need to specify the jar file
name if you are trying to include class files within jars.  I have used it
with some classes that I wrote.

I too am excited about linking Java and R, as there is so much useful code
in the Java community.

Benjamin Stabler
Transportation Planning Analysis Unit
Oregon Department of Transportation