[R-SIG-Finance] Downloaded stock prices from Yahoo Finance

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 5 18:40:44 CEST 2023

See the discussion and work arounds here:
https://github.com/joshuaulrich/quantmod/issues/382

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:31 AM Dennis Fisher <fisher using plessthan.com> wrote:

> R 4.2.3
> OS X
>
> Colleagues
>
> For years, I have been downloaded stock prices using something like:
>         require("jsonlite")
>         cmd <- "https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=symbol,longName,regularMarketPrice,regularMarketTime,regularMarketChange&formatted=false&symbols=AAPL"
>         fromJSON(cmd)
>
> Yesterday, this stopped working -- the message is:
> Error in open.connection(con, "rb") :
>   cannot open the connection to 'https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=symbol,longName,regularMarketPrice,regularMarketTime,regularMarketChange&formatted=false&symbols=AAPL'
> In addition: Warning message:
> In open.connection(con, "rb") :
>   cannot open URL 'https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=symbol,longName,regularMarketPrice,regularMarketTime,regularMarketChange&formatted=false&symbols=AAPL': HTTP status was '401 Unauthorized'
>
> When I paste that code directly into a browser, I get:
>         {"finance":{"result":null,"error":{"code":"Unauthorized","description":"Invalid Crumb"}}}
>
> I need the most recent closing price and the today's real-time price.  What other options exist to download prices for multiple stocks?
>
> Dennis
>

> Dennis Fisher MD
> P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
> Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
> www.PLessThan.com

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com