[R-SIG-Finance] Riingo package

H @gent@ @end|ng |rom medd@t@|nc@com
Sun Feb 27 04:40:04 CET 2022

On 02/23/2022 04:24 PM, H wrote:
> Is anyone using riingo to access fundamental data? I have this add-on package from Tiingo but when I try using eg riingo_fundamentals_metrics() I get this error:
>
> Error in riingo_fundamentals_metrics("AAPL") :
>   could not find function "riingo_fundamentals_metrics"
>
> Other stock functions in riingo seem to work fine. I tried detach("package:riingo") and then reloading it with no change in behavior.
>
> Any suggestions what might be wrong? It would seem the issue would be with my setup, not with Tiingo. Btw, I am running R 3.6.0 under CentOS 7.
>
> Thanks.

Problem solved. It turned out that I was still on version 0.2.0 of riingo whereas the fundamentals were added later. I had never upgraded any packages since they were first installed so I found the appropriate commands for upgrading all packages, then forced an unload of riingo and once it was reloaded a quick test suggests it now works.

Mea culpa.