[R-SIG-Finance] Indicator as histogram or rectangle boxes instead of line

Mike m|ke9 @end|ng |rom po@teo@n|
Mon Apr 5 20:16:00 CEST 2021

On 05.04.21 Joshua Ulrich wrote:

> getSymbols("SPY")
> chart_Series(SPY, subset = "2021")
> add_TA(Vo(SPY), type = "h")

It seems that additional params to add_TA are passed to plot. So I
can refer to the plot manual. I wasn't aware of that.

> You can get better help if you create a minimal reproducible example
> of your problem.

Generally I'm aware of that. But I was looking for a feature, not
hunting a bug. So I didn't know how I could provide a minimal
reproducible here. But now I have:

getSymbols("SPY")
chart_Series(SPY, subset = "2021")
add_TA(ATR(SPY,10)[,"atr"], type="h")	# That's what I was looking for
add_TA(ATR(SPY,10)[,"atr"])		# instead of that

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:56 AM Brian G. Peterson <brian using braverock.com> wrote:
> >
> > plot.xts was based on chart_Series, so adding panels with plot.xts
> > should work.
> >
> > Also, you can absolutely use 'h' plots with add_TA.  See e.g.
> > chart.Posn in the blotter package:
> >
> > https://github.com/braverock/blotter/blob/master/R/chart.Posn.R

I will have a look at this.

Mike