[R-SIG-Finance] Indicator as histogram or rectangle boxes instead of line

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 5 18:15:29 CEST 2021

And here's a simple example

getSymbols("SPY")
chart_Series(SPY, subset = "2021")
add_TA(Vo(SPY), type = "h")

You can get better help if you create a minimal reproducible example
of your problem.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:56 AM Brian G. Peterson <brian using braverock.com> wrote:

> plot.xts was based on chart_Series, so adding panels with plot.xts
> should work.
>
> Also, you can absolutely use 'h' plots with add_TA.  See e.g.
> chart.Posn in the blotter package:
>
> https://github.com/braverock/blotter/blob/master/R/chart.Posn.R
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian
>
> On Mon, 2021-04-05 at 14:28 +0200, Mike wrote:
> > I use chart_Series for plotting. add_TA adds an indicator with line
> > chart.
> >
> > Can I use add_TA also for plotting an indicator as histogram or
> > rectangle boxes like add_Vo?
> >
> > I tried add_TA's parameter taType with 'h' or 'b' without success.
> >
> > Mike

> > -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R
> > questions should go.

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com