[R-SIG-Finance] Valuation of FID

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Mon Jun 22 15:59:38 CEST 2020

Eric,

Agreed that this could be constructed as a structured note.

In that case there is an initial principal payment, which may be
leveraged.  Additionally, the principal may be 'principal-protected',
or not.

A structured note may be priced like a swap (if the note is not
principal protected), or it may be priced with a zero coupon bond and
embedded call option (for a principal protected note) or as a more
complex structure depending on the waterfall of payments to note
holders.  Especially in a leveraged and non-principal-protected
structure, the payoffs can be quite complex.

As you point out, the OP did not give us [m]any details about the
contract specification for what he is trying to price.  So I think we
need more specifics to add any more clarity to this thread.

--
Brian