[R-SIG-Finance] Valuation of FID

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 22 14:59:51 CEST 2020

Christofer provided only a sketch of the structure, but presumably it
is part of a general class of financial instruments called Structured
Notes.
There is a very short entry in Wikipedia that gives a bit of a flavor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structured_note

Structured notes would normally have a "buyer" who pays the
issuer/sponsor when the deal is entered.
By contrast, swaps generally have a value of zero at initiation. (Pre
the 'big bang' in the CDS market, this was true of CDS swaps also.)