[R-SIG-Finance] Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

Vivek Rao v|vekr@o4 @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Tue Apr 9 00:01:13 CEST 2019

 On Monday, April 8, 2019, 5:30:52 PM EDT, James Hirschorn <james.hirschorn using quantitative-technologies.com> wrote:
 <snip>
The next best deal I found was:

https://pitrading.com/historical-market-data.html

$179 for 1-minute stock data on 1241 US Stocks, going back about 15 years.

My only concern is if the quality is good. Has anyone heard of them?
I have not used Pi Trading . The Caltech Quantitative Finance Group http://quant.caltech.edu/historical-stock-data.html has criticized the quality of its data and of some other vendors mentioned in this thread, but a thread at a trader forumhttps://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/is-kibot-legit-place-to-get-tick-historical-data-from.308296/ says that CQFG is not
disinterested.
AlphaVantage https://www.alphavantage.co/ lets you download historical stock prices from Python (and maybe R)
Vivek Rao, CFABoston, MA