[R-SIG-Finance] R/Finance 2019: Call for Presentations

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 1 14:35:31 CET 2019

R/Finance 2019: Applied Finance with R
May 17 and 18, 2019
University of Illinois at Chicago

Call for Presentations

The eleventh annual R/Finance conference for applied finance using R
will be held on May 17 and 18, 2019 in Chicago, IL, USA at the
University of Illinois at Chicago.  The conference will cover topics
including portfolio management, time series analysis, advanced risk
tools, high-performance computing, market microstructure, and
econometrics.  All will be discussed within the context of using R as
a primary tool for financial model development, risk management,
portfolio construction, and trading.

>From its midwest beginnings, word of the conference spread among
trading desks and universities, until it became the primary meeting
for academics and practitioners interested in using R in quantitative
finance.  It has featured presentations from prominent academics and
practitioners, and we anticipate another exciting line-up for 2019.

We invite you to submit complete papers in pdf format for
consideration.  We will also consider one-page abstracts (in txt or
pdf format) although more complete papers are preferred.  We welcome
submissions for full talks (approximately 20 min.), abbreviated
"lightning talks" (approx. 6 min.), and (1 hr.) pre-conference
tutorials. Both academic and practitioner proposals related to R are
encouraged.

All slides will be made publicly available at conference time.
Presenters are strongly encouraged to provide working R code to
accompany the slides.  Ideally, data sets should  be made public for
the purposes of reproducibility (though we realize this may be limited
due to contracts with data vendors).  Preference may be given to
innovative research or presenters who have released R packages.

Please submit proposals online at http://go.uic.edu/rfinsubmit

Submissions will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis with a
final submission deadline of March 1, 2019.  Submitters will be
notified on a rolling basis via email by March 15, 2019 of acceptance,
presentation length, and financial assistance (if requested).

Financial assistance for travel and accommodation may be available to
presenters. Requests for financial assistance do not affect acceptance
decisions. Requests must be made at the time of submission, and should
indicate why assistance is being requested.  Requests made after
submission are unlikely to be fulfilled. Assistance will be granted at
the discretion of the conference committee.

Additional details will be announced via the conference website
http://www.RinFinance.com/ as they become available.  Information on
previous years' presenters and their presentations are also at the
conference website.  We will make a separate announcement when
registration opens, usually sometime in mid to late March.

For the conference committee:
Petra Bakosova, Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Soumya
Kalra, Brian Peterson, Dale Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan, Justin Shea,
Joshua Ulrich

--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com