[R-SIG-Finance] quanstrat exit rules

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Tue Apr 18 16:44:46 CEST 2017

Change side to long in your exit rule.

You're not going short, you're selling a long position.  Those are
different things.  Going short in an equity requires a margin account
and a short locate at least, and will incur interest charges on the
borrow.

In any case, your strategy is trying to enter long, and then exit your
long position.  Both the entry and exit orders are on the same
side='long' of the market.

See the demo script rsi.R in the demo directory for a long/short
version of the same idea.

The other thing that is likely tripping you up is rule order.  Rules
are evaluated in a specific order, as described in the documentation
for add.rule and other places.  exits are evaluated before entries.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson