[R-SIG-Finance] Simulating paths in rmgarch

Josh Segal joshua.segal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:42:47 CET 2017

Alexios,

Thanks again for your help.
I'm getting some counterintuitive results with the seriesSim output.  When
I run your exact example above and then compute cor(sim at msim$seriesSim[[1]]),
I get a correlation matrix that has non-diagonal values close to zero
(ranging from -0.10 to 0.08).
When I measure the correlation of the original data (cor(dji30ret[,1:5])) I
get values from 0.33 to 0.66.
Shouldn't the simulation demonstrate higher unconditional correlations?  Am
I misunderstanding something about the package, or does this indicate a
problem?

Thanks,
Josh