[R-SIG-Finance] Not able to install fOptions R package on ec2 spark cluster

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 27 16:47:15 CET 2015

On 27 December 2015 at 20:32, Gayatri Nesarikar wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I have deployed a spark cluster on ec2 using the spark-ec2 script. I am
| trying to install the 'fOptions' R package in Rstudio on the master but I
| am getting the following errors while the install.packages() tries to
| install a depedency called 'gss'
|
| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRlapack
| /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRblas
|
| There are many more warnings too. I also tried yum install liblpack3
| libperl-dev but I get another error - no package libperl-dev available and
| same for other packages.
|
| Other packages like ggplot2 were successfully installed and some sample
| codes are running fine on the spark cluster.
|
| Is there any solution to this error or any work around to install fOptions
| and its dependencies?

Please do not crosspost!  I already replied on StackOverflow:
  http://stackoverflow.com/a/34481640/143305

Let me add that if you weren't on RedHat it would be as easy as
  sudo apt-get install r-cran-foptions
which  would also install gss and all other dependencies of fOptions (as I
happen to have been maintaining this for Debian/Ubuntu for a decade+).

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org