[R-SIG-Finance] Not able to install fOptions R package on ec2 spark cluster

Gayatri Nesarikar smiletobehappy27 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:02:56 CET 2015

Hello,

I have deployed a spark cluster on ec2 using the spark-ec2 script. I am
trying to install the 'fOptions' R package in Rstudio on the master but I
am getting the following errors while the install.packages() tries to
install a depedency called 'gss'

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRlapack
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRblas

There are many more warnings too. I also tried yum install liblpack3
libperl-dev but I get another error - no package libperl-dev available and
same for other packages.

Other packages like ggplot2 were successfully installed and some sample
codes are running fine on the spark cluster.

Is there any solution to this error or any work around to install fOptions
and its dependencies?

Thanks,
Gayatri