[R-SIG-Finance] Older financials?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:33:18 CET 2015

I'm reading a book on quant value investing that wants to look at more
financial data than I'm getting with the small program below. Looking at
the getFinancials help page I'm not seeing anything that tells it to go
back more than 4 years. Is there a way to do that with free data or is this
a limitation WRT what Google provides and you have to go somewhere else/pay
money to get it?

Thanks,
Mark

library(quantmod);

SymList=c("MCD","GD","AAPL");
Quotes = getQuote(SymList, src="yahoo");

for (Sym in SymList){
  getFinancials(Sym, src="google");
  getDividends(Sym, src="google");
}

print(Quotes)

print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="IS"))
print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="A", type="CF"))
print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="BS"))