[R-SIG-Finance] what is the best fixed income platform?

Ilya Kipnis ilya.kipnis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:45:29 CEST 2014

It sounds like what you're looking for is a way to do valuation for bonds
via simulation. Quantstrat is a strategy creation platform, not a pricing
platform. Apples and oranges in this case.

Regarding portfolio management, what is it you're trying to do? If you have
returns for an instrument, then PortfolioAnalytics will do everything you
can possibly want, provided you know how to use it (non-trivial).

Sounds like you're looking for simulation libraries (MCMC? Bootstrapping?)
for which there are probably quite a few to choose from.

I'd recommend looking in the direction of MCMC, Bayesian analysis,
bootstrapping libraries, and other simulation-type libraries. Once you have
the desired simulation data, you can probably more accurately do bond
pricing, at which point, you can get your data into price or return space,
which would allow you to create trading strategies (quantstrat) or do
portfolio management (PortfolioAnalytics).

Hope this helps.