[R-SIG-Finance] quantstrat - Guy Yollin blotter 2014 presentation

amarjit chandhial a.chandhial at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 11 18:41:15 CEST 2014

Guy,

I am sorry you feel the way you do.

If you are providing information via your slides and advertising them to be available on a public list, I think it is entirely reasonable for you to expect questions from it, especially given the job you're in: teaching.

You say:

" For specific questions about my slides, I'm sorry but they are provided without support.    Hopefully you understand these limitations."

and

" I do not have the time or resources to provide 1-on-1 support in this area "

Well, if you do not want to answer specific questions on them -- that's your right.

Rarely, if ever, in my experience has there been a lecturer worth their name not willing to answer questions on their work, especially if they are advertising them to be available publically as you are irregardless of your reasons of:

"I wanted to give back to the R community and I thought other folks may find the slides and the scripts useful; in this particular area there is very little other documentation.

Regards,
Amarjit