[R-SIG-Finance] Rbbg:::bdh Override Field Question

Chao Zhang zhangchao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:04:56 CEST 2014

Hey Guys,

I am trying to use the code below to run a BDH call with override
fields/values. However, the results I get are the same with or without the
overrides.

But if I do the same BDH call in Excel, the override fields/values will be
effective and I will get the results I want. Can someone point out to me
what's wrong with my code below? Thanks,

library(Rbbg)

conBBG <- blpConnect(throw.ticker.errors = FALSE)

res <- bdh(conn=conBBG,
           securities='IBM equity',
           fields='TRAIL_12M_EPS',
           start_date=as.Date('2000-01-01'),
           override_fields='BEST_FPERIOD_OVERRIDE',
           override_values='1GQ'
)

- Chao