[R-SIG-Finance] RQuantLib on OS X Mavericks?

Keith S Weintraub kw1958 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:14:37 CEST 2014

Zach. I hope I am not dragging you down a never ending installation pit. Here are the error messages:

Here are the results from the terminal commands:

/Users/kw $ ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"
It appears Homebrew is already installed. If your intent is to reinstall you
should do the following before running this installer again:
    rm -rf /usr/local/Cellar /usr/local/.git && brew cleanup

/Users/kw $ brew install quantlib
Warning: quantlib-1.4 already installed

Here are the install.packages results. It looks like it was able to find the C++ compiler but there were other errors.

> install.packages('RQuantLib', dep=TRUE, type='source')
also installing the dependency ‘RUnit’

trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/src/contrib/RUnit_0.4.26.tar.gz'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/src/contrib/RUnit_0.4.26.tar.gz'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '0 (null)'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
  download of package ‘RUnit’ failed
trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/src/contrib/RQuantLib_0.3.12.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 117619 bytes (114 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 114 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘RQuantLib’ ...
** package ‘RQuantLib’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for R... yes
checking for quantlib-config... no
configure: error: Please install QuantLib before trying to build RQuantLib.
ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘RQuantLib’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/RQuantLib’
* restoring previous ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/RQuantLib’

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/fc/lqx2wvqx5756sn7kv__1cnmm0000gn/T/RtmpOSZS7f/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages("RQuantLib", dep = TRUE, type = "source") :
  installation of package ‘RQuantLib’ had non-zero exit status