[R-SIG-Finance] understanding an error from ugarchfit

Alexios Ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Feb 6 11:54:45 CET 2014

Hi,

It simply means that the model failed to converge to a global optimum. Usually this is caught before post-estimation calculations place so that the routine exits more gracefully, but in this case the problem was 'flagged' during the calculation of the robust standard errors which contained some NAs (likely some parameters where at their extreme boundary values).

Please send me a reproducible example of this offline (with data) so that I may add another layer of checks to avoid such errors.

Regards,

Alexios