[R-SIG-Finance] R-3.0.2 - FinancialInstrument/blotter/quantstrat

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 20:37:59 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Brian G. Peterson <brian at braverock.com> wrote:
> It should be very simple in linux.
>
> from a shell:
>
> ######
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/blotter/
>
> # will create a 'blotter' directory below the directory
> # you ran the command from.
> #
> #then
>
> cd blotter/pkg/
> R CMD INSTALL FinancialInstrument
> R CMD INSTALL blotter
> R CMD INSTALL quantstrat
>
> ######
>
> temporary build failures are a part of life on R-Forge, unfortunately. All
> the packages currently install fine form source.
>
> To update later, go into the blotter or blotter/pkg directory and do
>
> svn up
>
> and then rerun the appropriate R CMD INSTALL command(s).
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian

Brian,
   Thanks very much. Everything worked as you suggested although the
quantstrat install failed the first time through as apparently it was
looking for the 'foreach' package which I did not have installed. Once
that was installed via R-Studio it worked fine and my version of Guy
Yolin's code is at least functioning now.

   I appreciate the fast response. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mark