[R-SIG-Finance] "ugarchfit" function of "rugarch" package needs at least 100 data points.

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Oct 9 22:04:47 CEST 2012

The blog post:

http://www.portfolioprobe.com/2012/09/17/variability-of-garch-estimates/

shows how variable garch results are using
2000 daily observations.

Even if there is a way to get your model fit,
I doubt that it would mean very much.

If you do find a way, I would suggest that you
create multiple datasets that are simulations of
the model the same size as your data.  Then estimate
the model on the simulations and see how variable
those model estimates are.  They will be very
variable, I predict.

Pat

--
Patrick Burns