[R-SIG-Finance] qsiblive, how to debug code with source() as sub procedure

soren wilkening me at censix.com
Mon Jul 16 11:47:14 CEST 2012

Hi

interesting question. I guess that when I started writing qsiblive I was
debugging/testing the source files individually, with small test scripts, so
by the time I would run the whole package at once, the likelihood of having
an error in any of the source files was very small.

Whenever there was an error while testing the whole package, I suppose that
I more or less knew where to look, depending on what the error actually was.
I never used the standard R debugging tools for this. I guess one way to do
it differently would  be to just include all the separated source files into
one main file that you can then debug with the usual R tools ... (never done
it, though)

If you want, share the error either here or with me directly (use email
given on censix.com) and I may have a look at it and will see if divine
intuition tells me something about it origin :)

Cheers

Soren

-----
http://censix.com