[R-SIG-Finance] RUGARCH bootstrap fitting error - presigma length

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Tue Jun 26 04:55:18 CEST 2012

Hi Stoyan,

You need to provide at a minimum the code you used. When you say
bootstrap which function are you referring to (ugarchsim or ugarchboot)?

In any case I cannot replicate the error under the following set of
assumptions:

library(rugarch)
data(sp500ret)
spec = ugarchspec(mean.model=list(armaOrder=c(3,2)),
variance.model=list(model="fGARCH",submodel="TGARCH"))
fit=ugarchfit(spec, sp500ret)

# These all work:
sim = ugarchsim(fit, n.sim = 1, m.sim=200, startMethod="unconditional")
sim = ugarchsim(fit, n.sim = 1, m.sim=200, startMethod="sample")
bt=ugarchboot(fit, method = "Partial", n.bootfit = 200)

(the use of .fgarchsim2 means that (n.sim+n.start) < 100 && m.sim >
100...this makes use of C++ code whereas the opposite case is based on C
code).

Regards,
Alexios