[R-SIG-Finance] RUGARCH bootstrap fitting error - presigma length

stoyan.stoyanov s.n.stoyanov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:58:30 CEST 2012

Hi all,

While trying to bootstrap a TGARCH model of orders (1,1), using the rugarch
package, I get the following error:

.fgarchsim2(fit = fit, n.sim = n.sim, n.start = n.start, m.sim = m.sim,  :
ugarchsim-->error: presigma must be of length 2

I only get the error when my ARMA model for the mean is of order 2 or higher
(in p, q or both). Curious whether this is a bug that anyone has documented
before. If not, I would be happy to provide my code and data sample. It
could also be a mis-specification in my model and/or an error in the code of
course.

Best,
Stoyan