[R-SIG-Finance] How to move stoplimit thresholds?

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Nov 27 20:26:47 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 19:37 +0100, Heiko Stegmann wrote:
> > It seems like you are describing a 'stoptrailing' order type.
>
> Hello Brian,
>
> well.. I am not sure. There seem to be many different definitions of
> trailing stops. I suppose a stoptrailing order to constantly trail the
> stop as long as the price is moving away from it. What I want to do is
> to trail the stop only once, e.g., when the trade has reached break-even.
>
> The quantstrat documentation on stoptrailing orders is not clear to me
> in this respect. Is moving the stop only once what stoptrailing orders
> in quantstrat are doing?

No, it constantly moves the order.

It wasn't clear from your first message that you only wanted to move it
once.

I suppose if I wanted to do that, I would use a crossover signal, and
then add a second (later) stoplimit exit or risk order, replacing the
first.

--
Brian G. Peterson
http://braverock.com/brian/