[R-SIG-Finance] help with egarch prediction

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Nov 23 13:09:36 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 02:15 -0800, hemsam wrote:
> Also, I am a newbie to R. I installed the rugarch package using RGui.
>
> Can you please let me know how I can "open" and edit the
> rugarch-egarch.R file? I checked the rugarch folder within library but
> found no source code as such.

>From inside R, see:

?fix
# and
?fixInNamespace

which will allow you to edit functions from loaded packages in your
running R session.  These changes will not necessarily persist across
sessions, and do not persist across workspaces.  They are however a good
way to make a change and then test whether it had the desired effect.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson