[R-SIG-Finance] real time data and quantmod

Daniel Cegiełka daniel.cegielka at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:06:54 CEST 2011

I think the key to do this will be a xts package. You only need to
specify (and implement) how you want to build xts objects from a real
time market data stream. See also IBrokers and how concurrent
programming works there.

btw. getSymbols() is just a wrapper witch import data from source to
xts object (OHLCV+Adj).

best regards,
daniel