[R-SIG-Finance] But in quantmod function

Noah Silverman noah at smartmediacorp.com
Tue Nov 16 04:38:31 CET 2010

OK,

Bad example.  But try it for the ticker "^RUT"  (Russel index)

There ARE options:  http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=^RUT+Options

Also options for the S&P mini "^XAP"
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=^XSP+Options

getOptionChain("^XSP", NULL)
Error in from:to : NA/NaN argument

I'VE FOUND THE BUG.  But don't know how/where to submit it.

Look carefully at the URLs used by yahoo.

For a stock

For an index

Notice that with an index, the "+options" part is there.  Try calling
the page without it and it fails.  The current code in quantmod doesn't
add this.

I think we just need add one line:      Symbols <- paste(Symbols,
"+options", sep="")

-N