[R-SIG-Finance] REUTERS

SNV Krishna krishna at primps.com.sg
Wed Oct 27 09:29:29 CEST 2010

Hi All

This is something which was on my radar for quite some time. I am a
subscriber to Reuters 3000 xtra and looking for ways importing the data feed
directly to R.
I have gone through the blog entry
http://www.theresearchkitchen.com/blog/archives/287 and downloaded the zip
files (reuters_ts1.zip, reuters_ts_release1.zip), and tried installing them
from R menu by selecting the option "install package from local zip files",
but failed to do so as it shows an error. The error message is below

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In gzfile(file, "r") :
  cannot open compressed file 'reuters_ts1/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No
such file or directory'

Could some one help me in this regard, Many thanks for the assistance and
guidance.

Regards,

Krishna