[R-SIG-Finance] Blotter : "Error: cannot allocate vector of size 300 Mb"

Frédéric LABORDERIE flaborderie at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 10 14:29:03 CEST 2010

Hello,
I am trying to use Blotter's addTxn for the testing of a strategie.
It is tested on daily bars, 5 years of data and there are 225 trades.

In spite of those modest numbers, I get the out of memory message. I
can't imagine that I've reached my  computer memory limits with such a
simple test.
I have tried to use gc() and cleaned my code, but with no success.
It seems addTxn needs a lot of memory to perform its task, as tR doesn't
complain if I skip it.

Would you have any suggestion regarding what could be wrong , what to
look for ?
Thank you.